By Joshua Bontrager, Political & Cultural Correspondent
ED.NOTE: This article originally appeared in our monthly publication, Freedomist Intelligence Advisor (formerly McAlvany Intelligence Advisor). To subscribe and receive our monthly PDF to your email, go here).
“Law in the Soviet Union is not conceived as a check on power; it is openly and proudly an expression of that power.” – Richard M. Nixon, 1960
“Stalin, Hussein, Putin, Hitler, Mao, and Castro all got their guilty verdicts. This will be no different. This is a show trial that is completely fixed. There is no reason to give it the legitimacy of legal analysis. Call it what we all know it is. A show trial.” – Mollie Hemingway, responding to the Trump indictments
“If Putin did this to a political opponent that was polling higher than him in an election year – Biden would call him a dictator.” – Jackson Hinckle
“To use the justice system against the political opponent, in Hungary, I think it’s impossible to imagine. That was done by the communists. It’s a very communist methodology to do that.” – Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban
The left claims that the unprecedented act of jailing a former president and Biden’s chief political rival (Donald Trump) for over 700 years is necessary to save “our democracy” from “far-right fascists.” But American Jacobins are not the only ones conspiring to eliminate freedom and all opposition to the globalist “New World Order.”
Last year, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, dubbed the “Trump of the Tropics,” “lost” a close election amid widespread reports of voter fraud and irregularities. The country’s leftist Superior Electoral Court not only refused to investigate reports of fraud, but has now banned Bolsonaro from running for office until 2030 for even daring to question the results.
The German government is considering banning the “far-right extremist” Alternative for Germany Party after it surged to 21 percent in the polls. This same German establishment has convicted author and playwright CJ Hopkins for comparing the Covid cult to the Nazi era. A German whistleblower warns that the German state is returning to “Stasi era” surveillance and snitching.
In Pakistan, former populist Prime Minister Imran Khan now sits in jail, after he was ousted by the Pakistani and U.S. Deep State (with the likely help of State Department regime-changer Victoria Nuland). Revolver News reports, “Khan now languishes in a small 6×9 cell, not allowed a phone, books, newspaper, or human contact, with only insects and flies to keep him company. If the Pakistani deep state can send Pakistan’s beloved populist leader Khan to prison, surely Biden is salivating at the prospect of a similar fate for Trump.”
Several weeks ago, Russian President Vladimir Putin had his chief political rival, Alexei Navalny, sentenced to 19 years in prison. Biden Secretary of State Antony Blinken responded: “The United States strongly condemns Russia’s conviction of opposition leader Alexei Navalny on politically motivated charges. The Kremlin cannot silence the truth. Navalny should be released.”
Yet Blinken’s response reeked of hypocrisy, deliberately ignoring three important facts: (1) The politically motivated indictment of Donald Trump was handed down on the same day as Blinken’s self-righteous tweet. (2) Blinken ran election interference by organizing the phony letter signed by 51 intelligence officials dismissing the Hunter Biden laptop as “Russian disinformation” in October 2020. (3) If convicted on all counts and given the maximum sentence, Joe Biden’s chief political rival, Donald Trump, would serve over 700 years in prison.
Throughout history, corrupt, power-crazed, and genocidal tyrants – Caesar Augustus, Josef Stalin, Mao Tse-Tung, and Adolf Hitler – have ruthlessly eliminated their opposition when able to do so. In the light of history, the indictments of Trump are a declaration of war against the American Republic, an indictment of an illegitimate regime, and a frightening portension of far worse to come if this lawfare is not stopped in its tracks.
This article will cover the latest two indictments against Trump, the 14th Amendment scheme to keep Trump off the ballot, and the greater crimes of the left. We will explore why these indictments are so dangerous, why most Republican politicians are still missing in action, and how this lawfare could end.
- THE JANUARY 6 INDICTMENT
“Always accuse your enemy of what you are doing yourself, as you are doing it to create confusion.” – Karl Marx
“These prosecutors are very left-wing, and they’re in left-wing jurisdictions, and they depend on left-wing grand juries and eventually a left-wing trial jury. They’re assuming that otherwise, they don’t have a good case.” – Victor Davis Hanson
- THE THIRD INDICTMENT – On August 1, just one day after Hunter Biden’s close friend and former business associate Devon Archer testified before Congress regarding Biden family corruption, DNC lawfare activist Special Counsel Jack Smith announced the third indictment of Donald Trump, over alleged efforts to “subvert” the 2020 election. Ironically, Trump was charged for the very crimes committed in 2020 by the DNC and their RINO allies in key swing states. The indictment builds on the work of the sham partisan January 6 Committee and the previous trials of the Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, and other January 6 political prisoners. It carries four counts:
- Conspiracy to defraud the U.S.
- Conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding
- Obstruction of justice and an official proceeding
- Conspiracy against voter rights
The case rests on the novel argument that (1) Trump knew his 2020 election claims were false, but (2) he spread them anyways. Former Trump Senior White House Advisor Stephen Miller says, “This indictment says…that if we, the Department of Justice and prosecutors at the Department of Justice, believe that you, as a citizen or as an elected official, are not telling the truth as we recognize it, that we can throw you in jail.” In other words, only Democrats can legally exercise their First Amendment right by questioning elections or speaking their mind; Republicans can now be jailed for speech not approved by the ruling regime.
- LEFT-WING PROSECUTOR, JUDGE, AND JURY – Special Counsel Jack Smith’s previous accomplishments include covering for Biden family corruption and securing a bribery conviction against Virginia’s Republican Governor Bob McDonnell, which was so weak that it was eventually overturned at the U.S. Supreme Court 8-0.
U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan is a radical Marxist ideologue who has handed down some of the harshest sentences thus far to January 6 political prisoners. The New York Post reports that the Obama-appointed Chutkan “is the scion of a family of revolutionary Marxists in her native Jamaica” and “is the granddaughter of Frank Hill, a Jamaican communist revolutionary, who along with his brother Ken were briefly jailed by the island’s British governor during World War II over suspicions of ‘subversive activities.’” Chutkan is also a previous employee of Boies, Schiller, & Flexner LLP (BSF), the law firm that employed Hunter Biden and lobbied Burisma. To remove any lingering doubts, Chutkan has compared January 6, 2021, to September 11, 2001, and the Boston Marathon bombing.
The judge and prosecutor are not impartial arbiters of justice; they are Communist activists who specialize in using lawfare to destroy the American republic. The trial will take place in deep blue Washington, D.C., ensuring a leftist jury eager to mete out injustice.
- DNC ELECTION INTERFERENCE – Trump’s attorneys requested an April 2026 trial date, which they said would give them time to review the millions of documents involved in the case. Judge Chutkan had previously allowed January 6 political prisoners to languish for years in prison before even having a trial. But she set the Trump trial date for March 4, 2024, one day before Super Tuesday, when around one dozen states will vote in the Republican primary. Donald Trump, the current clear frontrunner for the GOP nomination, will not be allowed to campaign the day before the most important voting in the primary season! Yet Democrats fastidiously claim, “It’s not interference if we commit the same behavior for which we jail Republicans. Even if it is interference, you can’t (or won’t) do anything about it.”
- THE GEORGIA INDICTMENT
“The Georgia Indictment is the most insane yet, by the looniest prosecutor yet. It claims tweets are conspiracies, legal advice is a crime, Constitutional law is a criminal act, and demanding officials do their job is criminal solicitation. It is an embarrassment to the state of Georgia.” – Attorney Robert Barnes
- THE FOURTH INDICTMENT – On August 14, days after the Biden DOJ appointed a sham special counsel for the Hunter Biden case, election denier and Georgia prosecutor Fani Willis announced the fourth indictment of Donald Trump. Former Republican U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich said a trusted source told him that Willis was told to proceed with the indictment to cover for the Biden special counsel “screw up.”
- THE REAL FRAUD – Attorney Robert Barnes, who helped prepare Trump’s 2020 legal contest in Georgia, says that “constitutionally unqualified ballots” exceeded Biden’s margin of victory by “more than 10 times. Unlawfully, Fulton County courts [the same courts that will try Willis’ case] blocked the case from ever being heard.” Willis is not indicting her fellow party members who perpetrated fraud; instead, she is indicting Trump and his allies for daring to question that same fraud.
- THE INFAMOUS PHONE CALL – The indictment stems largely from a January 2 phone call in which Trump allegedly asked Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to “find” the votes to “overturn” the 2020 election. Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz observes, “Al Gore, his legal team, and I tried to find uncounted presidential votes, lobbied officials, and fought in the courts in 2000. The only difference now? The candidate’s name is Donald Trump… That’s why this prosecution is an outrage.”
The 41 sham charges were accidentally posted online one day before the grand jury voted. The charges leveled against Trump and his 18 co-defendants (mostly attorneys who provided legal counsel) included violation of the state’s Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act. Former Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows is seeking to move the case to federal court. If he is successful, other defendants (including Trump) might be able to do so as well, and the case could break down.
- 14TH AMENDMENT HAIL MARY
Democrats have concocted another “anti-democratic” scheme to “save democracy. Constitutional law professor Laurence H. Tribe and retired federal judge J. Michael Luttig have advocated keeping Trump off the 2024 ballot under the 14th Amendment’s “Insurrection” clause. In other words, “Trump is so dangerous to ‘our democracy’ that you cannot be allowed to exercise your free will in voting for him.” The scheme is nothing more than a fraudulent rebuke of the American voters and an illegal backup plan in case the indictments fail. Law Professor Michael McConnell warns, “We must not forget that we are talking about empowering partisan politicians such as state Secretaries of State to disqualify their political opponents from the ballot, depriving voters of the ability to elect candidates of their choice. If abused, this is profoundly anti-democratic.” Law professor Jonathan Turley, a former Bill Clinton voter, responded, “I think this is the single most dangerous constitutional theory I have seen pop up in decades.”
John Daniel Davidson explains how this could play out, “A summer 2024 conviction sets up the real play here, which is for blue states and counties to remove Trump from the ballot, citing a faulty and blatantly lawless reading of the 14th Amendment. Assuming Trump wins the GOP primary, this will leave Republicans with no candidate on the ballot across vast swaths of the country heading into the fall. Even if the Supreme Court steps in, if Democrats time it just right, it will be too late to send out corrected, lawful ballots in time for Election Day.”
- THE GREATER CRIMES OF THE LEFT
At the Georgia courthouse, Donald Trump said, “This is a sad day for America. I thought the election was a rigged election, a stolen election – and I should have every right to do that. As you know, you have many people that you’ve been watching over the years do the same thing…Whether it’s Hillary Clinton or Stacey Abrams or many others.”
- DEMS STOLE THE 2020 ELECTION – The Covid-19 lockdowns (which Trump unwisely fell for) provided the perfect excuse to radically overhaul America’s election system and “win” via mass mail-in ballots and counting shenanigans in key swing states. Trump’s attorneys say that the indictments give them a platform to “fully re-litigate every single issue that occurred during the 2020 election.”
- 2. DEMS HAVE LONG QUESTIONED ELECTIONS – Democrats have questioned every Republican presidential victory since 2000. (See here for ten straight minutes of Democrats protesting election results.)
Georgia Governor Stacey Abrams repeatedly claimed that Georgia’s 2018 gubernatorial election was stolen for her, but she has yet to be prosecuted by Fani Willis. Hillary Clinton not only claimed the 2016 election was stolen, but put forth the false “Russian collusion” narrative and encouraged faithless electors to choose Hillary instead of Trump after the 2016 election. But Hillary was never indicted.
- BIDEN FAMILY CRIMES – Every Trump indictment thus far has been perfectly timed to coincide with and distract from damaging new information on the Biden family crimes. Journalist Glenn Greenwald summarizes, “At exactly the same time the Biden administration is prosecuting Donald Trump, they are also shielding Hunter Biden, who is guilty of far more blatant and obvious criminality, just blatant political corruption, tax evasion, and hiding assets in a way that most people go to jail for many years.”
But once again, the establishment is sending a clear message that all who advance their globalist agenda (Bill Clinton, George Bush, Barack Obama, Joe Biden) will be protected; any who dissent (Donald Trump and his supporters) will be ruthlessly crushed.
- 4. ANARCHO-TYRANNY – The DNC is promoting what conservative columnist Sam Frances described as “anarcho-tyranny.” As in the Soviet Union, Biden’s regime is far more concerned with prosecuting alleged “treason” against the state than with punishing the lawlessness that is tearing apart America’s cities. Author Valery Chalidze observed of the Soviet Union, “[T]he new regime concentrated its oppressive efforts on political opponents and class aliens. Amid the crowd of real or supposed enemies of the regime, non-political criminals were still regarded as sociallyakin; they received shorter terms of imprisonment and served them in less severe conditions.”
Americans may now be terrorized by the IRS and FBI for praying outside an abortion clinic or failing to report a $700 transaction on Venmo. Meanwhile, Hunter Biden, Antifa rioters, and San Francisco looters will walk free.
- E. IS THE GOP COMPLACENT OR COMPLICIT?
The verdict of history will harshly judge both Jacobin Democrats and the spineless or traitorous Republicans who enabled them.
Xi Van Fleet, a survivor of Mao’s brutal cultural revolution, reacted to Trump’s Fulton County mugshot, “I have to say I think America is quickly becoming a communist country and our rule of law has been turned into what Marxists call proletarian dictatorship. The party in power is after its political opposition, and it is not just the president, but people like activists are now in jail, as political prisoners in the free country of the United States…Now it is Donald Trump and MAGA, but eventually, it is everybody because a communist regime does not tolerate any opposition, any dissenting voice. So they are coming after all of us, including those who are cheering now for Trump’s indictment and think they are on the winning team. They are not. We all will become victims if we let them succeed.”
Van Fleet concluded, “I really have a word for everybody, including the conservatives: learn a little bit about history and about the Cultural Revolution. What’s happening here is a repeat. Only when people understand the history and the nature of what’s going on, will they wake up. We are dealing with communism, we are dealing with Marxists, who want to transform our country into a dictatorship.”
If the script were flipped, and Republican prosecutors under a Republican President were handing down coordinated indictments to the leading Democratic opposition candidate, the media would be beside themselves with fury against the “right-wing fascist Republicans.”
Yet why are most Republican leaders strangely silent? Are they ignorant of history and reality? Or are they secretly bought off (or even in alliance with) the other side?
The disconnect between Republican leaders and their voters was clearly seen in the contrast between the Fox News-hosted GOP debate, which virtually ignored the weaponization of justice and gained a paltry 13 million views, and Tucker Carlson’s interview of Donald Trump, which aired at the same time and reached a staggering over 260 million views.
- EXHIBIT A: GEORGIA REPUBLICANS – Rather than defend Trump against the ridiculous indictment from Fani Willis, Georgia Governor Brian Kemp, who won with Trump’s help in 2018 and ignored thousands of sworn affidavits detailing election crimes in Georgia in 2020, doubled down on his claim that “The 2020 election in Georgia was not stolen.”
When Georgia State Senator Colton Moore called on Kemp to convene a special session to impeach Fani Willis, Kemp refused. Like Kemp, Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr has been silent and refused to use his power to stop the persecution.
- WEAK D.C. REPUBLICANS – Congressman Matt Gaetz (R-FL) says the U.S. House (led by Trump-endorsed Kevin McCarthy) could use a special select committee to legally immunize Trump from false charges: “Unfortunately, none of those things are happening. Instead, Congress is not in Washington, not assembled. And I think the timing is on purpose. No timing in DC is ever just a mere coincidence. And so right as Congress is leaving town, right as we are walking away from our responsibility to be just and fair, we see this acceleration of activity against Trump.”
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) has yet to commit to impeachment proceedings against Joe Biden.
- GOP PROSECUTORS – Charlie Kirk and Attorney Stephen Miller discussed how conservative prosecutors and attorney generals could level hundreds “of criminal cases” for the DNC’s real crimes against the Republic “in response to the unprecedented legal offensive from the left.”
- 2024 GOP PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES – Most of Trump’s opponents know they stand little chance unless Trump drops out or is otherwise removed from contention. Vivek Ramaswamy (an untested Big Pharma billionaire with a record of contradictory statements and shifting positions) is seriously threatening to pass up Ron DeSantis – America’s most successful Governor, who defied Covid lockdowns, stood for families, defeated Disney, and turned the biggest swing state bright red.
Why? DeSantis has repeatedly talked about “moving on” from the rigged 2020 election and January 6, claimed that the 2020 election was not stolen, and given far weaker responses to the Trump indictments than has Vivek. By contrast, Vivek has consistently defended Trump against Marxist lawfare, and because of that, voters are seriously considering him for second place.
- HISTORICAL PARALLELS – By doing nothing to stop the DNC’s lawfare, Republican leaders are complicit in the criminal conspiracy against the American republic. These leaders are like Pilate, unwilling to use their power to stop the rage of the crazed mob (the DNC’s increasingly radical coalition) and its Pharisaical leaders (establishment elites who stir up the people to demand the guilty go free and the innocent be destroyed). These spineless Republicans want the benefits that come with position, but they disdain the sacrificial responsibility demanded of true public service.
Over 700 years ago, Scotland’s freedom fighter William Wallace resisted English tyranny with little help from the Scottish nobility. The nobles had the power to fight the English, but they valued comfort more than the liberty of their people and were content to receive favors from their English overlords in order to safeguard their lands and lives. At the critical battle of Falkirk, Wallace and the Scots lost in part because most of the Scottish cavalry in reserve, led by John Comyn, fled rather than fight the English. Britannica notes that their “allegiance to Wallace was questionable; many of them had English estates or relatives who were hostages in Edward’s hands.”
- THE UGLY PURPOSE BEHIND LAWFARE
The anti-Trump lawfare is far more dangerous than many American and most Republican leaders realize.
- LEGITIMIZE DESTRUCTION OF THE REPUBLIC – Donald Trump is the convenient boogeyman the left uses to channel their anti-American hate. The DNC cult tells its followers, “Trump is as bad as Hitler; therefore, we must take extreme measures to ensure Orange Man never gets close to the White House again. To save ‘our democracy’ from the menace of Trump and his fascist ‘domestic terrorist” followers, we must criminalize all opposition, destroy free speech, and give the regime total authority to protect us from lies. The regime and its goons at the FBI, IRS, and DOJ must have expanded budgets and unlimited power to censor, audit, imprison, or intimidate anyone who threatens our safety.”
Unfortunately, most DNC voters appear to agree. They want their enemies punished, and they do not understand that if the law can be weaponized against their opponents, it will eventually be weaponized against them. Former Democratic strategist Dr. Naomi Wolf relates her August 3 experience from the liberal West Coast:
“Happy Indictment Day!” shouted the neighbor of my host, as my host and I sat out on a balcony. The neighbor was emerging from a car, three stories below us. The building must have contained thirty apartments. The man was certain that everyone who was in earshot of his joyous shout agreed with his sentiments.
He witnessed my silence. “Don’t you agree?” he goaded me, a near-stranger, still shouting. “Don’t you?”
Finally, I responded, “I am not sure that this sets a great precedent. Every sitting President in the future will try to indict his or her political opponent.” He cut off the discussion – a reaction from the Left, to which I am getting accustomed – and headed inside.
- 2. NEUTRALIZE AND DESTROY THE OPPOSITION – The Georgia case especially, with its 18 co-defendants and 31 unindicted “co-conspirators,” is designed to financially bankrupt Trump-friendly attorneys and to frighten away attorneys from giving legal counsel to conservative campaigns in the future. With the indictments, the regime wants to terrify everyday American patriots into doing nothing for fear that they will be imprisoned just like Trump or the J6-ers.
Professor James Lindsay believes those waging lawfare want to deliberately provoke conservatives into overreacting, thereby creating another January 6 event and justifying a massive crackdown on liberty. Lindsay explains the Marxist strategy, “You don’t hit them too hard, you don’t hit them too soft, so you’re clearly not the aggressor…and then you make use of their reaction.”
Austen Ruse writes, “It’s not just about getting rid of Trump. It’s really about getting us, smelly conservatives and Christians, patriots who love this country. By taking out Trump, they are taking out everybody associated with him, including those who voted for him and put him into office.” The message is clear: “If we can destroy Donald Trump, the former President, just imagine what we can do to you.”
PREDICTIVE ANALYSIS: 2024 AND HOW THIS ENDS
President Donald Trump will face multiple trials in 2024, designed to drain his campaign financially and destroy it politically. Each trial will be scheduled to overlap perfectly, not just with the Republican primary but with the general election.
Trump could very well end up in a jail cell in 2024, although he could still legally run for office from jail. However, leftists are hoping Trump’s campaign will be restricted (by the jail or courtroom), and he will have become so bloodied and unsavory that a majority of Americans reject him. Simultaneously, Democratic and DNC-controlled states will seek to deny their voters, who they fear will make “the wrong choice,” by keeping Trump off the ballot in the name of “saving democracy.” If all of that doesn’t work, Dems will try to rig the election once again, maybe with the help of a war or another pandemic.
There is a high probability that the Trump lawfare will end up at the Supreme Court, with the court having to uphold or strike down the sham indictments and the 14th Amendment scheme. Attorney Alan Dershowitz predicts that a Trump conviction in the January 6 case would be overturned by the Supreme Court.
If the Supreme Court fails to uphold Donald Trump’s innocence and repudiate the DNC’s lawfare, it will reveal its complicity in the death of America. On the other hand, if it rebukes the left, Justices will face death threats, mass Antifa-style protests, and cries of “illegitimacy!”
Like the Scottish nobles in the days of William Wallace, most Republican leaders will cower in silence, but some, like Robert the Bruce, will find the courage to stand. The Republican Party will only continue to exist as a viable opposition party if it denounces and acts against the regime’s lawfare against Donald Trump. If the GOP responds to the DNC lawfare by dumping Trump from the nomination by foul means, they will certainly lose in 2024.
The biggest question is this: “How will the American people respond, specifically those in the middle who could be swayed either way?” In 1960, corrupt Fulton County prosecutors took the mugshot of a man who was deeply unpopular nationwide, much more than Donald Trump is today. However, Martin Luther King Jr.’s popularity soared after he was jailed and his supporters were attacked by a corrupt system. If the more than seven in 10 Americans who think Trump can’t get an impartial jury see Trump’s indictments as a mortal threat to their own liberties, the DNC’s lawfare will backfire massively.
History’s two alternative visions lie before us: “the maximum of individual freedom consistent with order” or “the ant heap of totalitarianism,” as described by Ronald Reagan. DNC totalitarianism means a“New World Order” in which America is a pawn of global elites in Davos, Beijing, and Silicon Valley; snitching, show trials, and gulags are the norm; and those who love the republic are sub-humanized and even genocided (just as unborn babies have been). If the left wins in 2024, the Marxist takeover of the legal system will accelerate. Show trials will come for the rest of us.
The other path is that trod by William Wallace and Robert the Bruce against the English, William of Orange against the Spaniards, English citizens against the tyrannical Stuart kings, and American Patriots against the British. Rebirths of freedom have occurred throughout history, but almost always against overwhelming odds.
Our enemies are powerful, ruthless, and coordinated. But they are not Sovereign, they can be defeated, and their very existence clarifies those precious things that are worth fighting for. Regardless of setbacks, we never lose hope, and our fight never ceases.
Attorney Jeffrey Clark, one of the victims of Fani Willis’ rogue “justice,” put it this way: “They indicted Trump. So America, you have two options. Which do you choose? (1) Curl up in your basement. (2) Oppose the insane lawfare.” May most Americans oppose the truly “insane” lawfare.
Founding Father Samuel Adams said, “It does not take a majority to prevail… but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.”
They Don’t Just Hate Trump. They Hate You! – John Zmirak
The Great Terror: Stalin’s Purge of the Thirties – Robert Conquest
Purges, Purges, and More Purges – Diana West
Trump Indictments Meant to Demoralize and Provoke Americans – James Lindsay
An Inconvenient Trump: Republicans Are Living an Enormous Lie – Melissa MacKenzie
Republican Party Sets Up Trump for Democrats – Paul Craig Roberts
Save the Rule of Law By Destroying It? – Victor Davis Hanson
The Trump Indictment and 2024 – Steve McCann
What Does Trump’s Mugshot Represent? – Trevor Loudon
Trump’s Mugshot Is A Symbol Of The Right’s Struggle Against Tyranny – Evita Duffy-Alfonso