Editorial Boards Across the Country Agree: Repealing the Affordable Care Act is a Bad Idea
As you may have seen in our earlier posts from Secretary Geithner and Assistant to the President for Special Projects Stephanie Cutter, Republicans in the House of Representatives have scheduled time today to vote on a bill to repeal the new freedoms, control over health care decisions, and cost savings the health care law—the Affordable Care Act—provides the American people.
Repeal would be bad for business, bad for the economy, and bad for families’ bank accounts. It would also leave Americans to once again worry about:
- Losing their insurance, or having it canceled unexpectedly if they are in an accident or become sick;
- Insurance companies raising premiums by double-digits with no recourse or accountability;
- Insurance companies denying coverage to children with pre-existing conditions; and
- Limiting the amount of care people can receive, even if they need it.
Editorial boards and columnists in newspapers across the nation have written at length about why repeal doesn’t make sense for the country:
The Case Against Repeal
New York Times
New York, NY
Reform means that tens of millions of uninsured people will get a chance at security; and many millions more who have coverage can be sure they can keep or replace it.
Des Moines Register
Des Moines, IA
Repeal health reform law? Preposterous.
[Repeal is]…a genuinely lame idea on several levels.
Repeal of health reform a bad idea.
Repealing health care reform will add to the deficit by an estimated $230 billion over 10 years.
San Jose, CA
Speak up if you support health care reform.
[Republicans] …offer nothing but to undo what the Democrats have done, even against their own ground rules.
House Republicans plan to hold a vote on repealing the new health care law, but no replacement is in sight.
Making any meaningful changes will require the GOP to get serious about governing and not just grandstanding.
Instead of focusing on joblessness and other pressing priorities, the new GOP majority in the House appears stuck in the past.
Memphis Commercial Appeal
Repeal would be a giant step backwards for America.
Kansas City Star
Kansas City, MO
This brief GOP proposal offers nothing in the way of solutions for a health care system that every politician, GOP or Democrat, had admitted was broken..
Palm Beach Post
Palm Beach, FL
[Republicans] should help to figure out which parts of the law work and which parts don’t, then focus on improving health care reform, not stopping it.
Las Vegas Sun
Las Vegas, NV
Republicans just don’t get it. Americans largely support the health care law’s key provisions.
GOP’s health care repeal zealotry unlikely to sit well with the millions who stand to lose insurance coverage — or who prefer a smaller deficit.
[Repeal]…is purely theatrical – and woefully ill-advised.”
Wilmington News Journal
[Republicans]… have been long on promises and short on specifics.
St. Petersburg Times
St. Petersburg, FL
… it’s worth noting the substantial strides the Affordable Care Act has already achieved in making health care more accessible, and those coming in 2011.
Republican critics…[have misrepresented] the bill as an enlargement of the federal government that would lead to socialism and the creation of ‘death panels.’.
NATURAL AND SAFE- Look and FEEL Younger!
Hey, looking to look and feel beautiful and younger? OK, CLICK on this picture, right now, and you'll find out how you can start looking and feeling younger, more like who you REALLY are, quickly, naturallly....
Still haven't clicked? You want to feel and look like who you really are inside, right? Go ahead, click on the picture now!
- Sarah Hall Ingraom- Video
- Obama to Planned Parenthood- "God Bless You"- a Newsfire Flame- Video
- Conservative Victory Project- the NRO Interview Buckley would Hate
- Obama and Romney Debate Energy Policy in 2nd Presidential Debate
- Obama's Not Optimal If Four Americans Get Killed Gaffe
- The Hofstra Debate
- Obama's Smoking Gun on Benghazi
- Benghazi Cover Up
- The Benghazi Cover Up- The Obama Myth Destroyed
- Juanita Berguson- A Profile
Tagsbusiness news cairo Celebrity News christian movies christian world church news congress Conservative News Headlines Delaware News egypt riots Election 2012 feeds freed news freedomist freedomist freedomist retweeters list freedom news freedom tweets Government News gov news govnewstweets green news Headlines left blogs left news mitt romney mubarik obama news Obama Watch politics progressive progressive news result right wing news romney4president romney 2012 romneycare tcot Tea Party Tea Party News Tech Top world headlines world news world news headlines world news tweets yahoo
I AM FREEDOMIST- ARE YOU?
- Progressivism Explained
- A New Common Sense- Start Local For Freedom
- The Freedomist Pledge
- IF Romney Wins, What Will 2013 Look Like?
- Chavez Wins 3rd Term in Venezuela Election
- Obama 2013- IF Obama Wins- Hope Lives On
- Obama Race Speech- The Real One
- Obama Debate Meme- a Picture Mash-up
- Romney Trounces Obama At Debate
- Iran Nukes- The Real Target